Friday, August 24, 2007

Random bits in reverse alphabetical order

How to act like a thirtysomething year old asshole.
Take one (1) (out)dated disc you used to love as a teenager, like oh I dunno say, the Judgement Night soundtrack, crank it to eleven (11) and a) sing along, b) dance around, and/or c) generally rock-out like it's the freshest thing you've heard since Bring The Noise. Guaranteed to make you feel like a jerk. (though I did enjoy it...)

Brian's on line one....
I've often stated that Brain Eno is a major influence on my music, but sometimes even I forget how far this goes. Listening to the Eno produced James album Wah Wah the other day reminded me that I lot of my sound and texture choices are based on sounds and textures from Eno albums.

Oh, but for a few hours
At the end of March of this year I went down to NYC for a few days. Before going down I looked into things to do and found that Andrew Hill was playing the day I arrived. I got there at around 6pm only to discover that he played at 2pm that day. Three weeks later he died. I very much enjoyed listening to the few Hill albums I have and wish, wish, wish I had made it to the city a few hours earlier that day.

No comments: