Friday, September 28, 2007

The good Judge Robert presiding... (pt. 5 of 5)

90's Double Trio

Talk about the return of the Crimson King!! VROOOM, THRAK, B'BOOM!!!! Say it loud, say it often. This band is so intense that they have to use all caps for their album titles. I do have to admit that I have a special place in my heart for this specific incarnation of Crimson since I got to see them live (once under, shall we say, interesting conditions), but even still I was blow away on this listen. And once again, the live material is where it's at. Interesting that for someone who usually doesn't particularly care for live recordings I've been tending to prefer them for every period of Crimson. My only regret is that I didn't have a copy of THRaKaTTaCK to listen to.

note: I was originally going to treat 90's to present as one entry, but upon listening decided that the material from this century is so significantly different that it warrants its own post.

No comments: